The Visiting Nurse Service of Martha’s Vineyard Community Services will present a Healthy Lifestyles Program for the Entire Family on Saturday, March 15.
The program will be held between 9 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. in the Southside Conference Center at Martha’s Vineyard Hospital, Oak Bluffs.
Sponsored by nurse service and the boards of health of Chilmark, Edgartown, Oak Bluffs, Tisbury, and West Tisbury, the goal of the program is to promote a healthy lifestyle that can result in the reduction in the development of chronic illness.
Presentations will include:
• 9–9:30 a.m.: Health Maintenance and Healing through Nutrition presented by Dr. Oceana Rames, naturopathic physician.
• 9:45-10:15 a.m.: The Power of Exercise: Fit At Any Age presented by physical therapist Kris Vrooman.
• 10:30-11:00 a.m.: Stress Awareness and Management through Gentle Stretching and Breathing presented by yoga instructor MJ Bindu Delekta.
• 11:15-11:45 a.m.: Memory, Mood and Mold: Environmental Health and You presented by Dr. Lisa Nagy, an environmental health physican.
• 12:15-12:30 p.m.: Taking Care of Your Health
More information about the program is available by calling 508-693-7900, extension 230.