For a limited time, the Vineyard Gazette is opening up access to all parts of our new multiplatform website to subscribers and visitors alike so you can explore our wealth of multimedia, news, information and commentary and sample our many new features.
Whether you are accessing the site from a desktop computer, an iPad or a smart phone, the first thing you may notice is that the site is just the right size for your screen.
That’s because it has been built using responsive design technology, pioneered by the Boston Globe, which adjusts the content to fit the device it is being viewed on. You can test this by adjusting the size of your browser or simply by typing www.mvgazette.com into the browser of your smartphone or tablet.
Click on the links below to tour a few of the new features of the website:
- In the Editor’s Choice section of our home page, we highlight stories and other items that may not top the news page, but deserve special attention.
- A new Real Estate section offers a comprehensive look at the real estate market on the Vineyard by neighborhood, including a featured Home of the Week, a rundown with photographs of all recent home sales, and By the Numbers, a statistical breakdown of how the home market is faring that is produced in collaboration with LINK, the Island multiple listings service.
- New Town pages provide customized news and information about what’s happening in each of the Vineyard’s six towns, Edgartown, Vineyard Haven, Chilmark, West Tisbury, Oak Bluffs, and Aquinnah. Each page records news and events, including celebrations, photo essays and obituaries of interest.
- A Multimedia page features photo essays of Vineyard locations and events. Check our our historical swordfiishing video. We expect to add more historic and news videos over time.
- The Nature and Science page includes stories about the environment and our popular nature columns, Bird News, All Outdoors and The Vineyard Gardener.
- Our Archive includes a chronological list of stories that appeared in the Vineyard Gazette from 2001 to the present. Use the search engine to locate particular articles by phrase or keyword.
We have tried to retain the best of our old website while building a new site that better showcases our award-winning content and allows us to create new features in the future. If there are things you would like to see, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.