Saturday, March 30, 2013
The famous Flying Horses carousel opened for the its 129th season on Island Saturday. The oldest carousel in the nation, it has been as a national landmark. The horses were originally built on Cony Island in 1884 by Charles Dare and then shipped to the Vineyard. The Preservation Trust brough the Flying Horses in 1986 assuring that for generations to come, children (and their parents) will be able to reach for the brass ring. On Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. the Easter Bunny visits the carousel.