A home off Old County Road in West Tisbury was destroyed in a Saturday morning fire, West Tisbury fire chief Manuel Estrella 3rd said.

Volunteer firefighters were called to the scene at 180 Old County Road at around 9 a.m. Saturday after a person driving by saw flames on the porch of the home, Chief Estrella said.

When firefighters arrived the house was fully involved. “When I got there there were flames out of every window,” Mr. Estrella said. He said the structure of the house remains, but the interior is entirely burned. “I would say the house is a total loss,” the chief said.

Two people were home at the time but no one was hurt, the chief said.

Tisbury, Oak Bluffs, and Edgartown firefighters also responded along with tri-town EMS. There were four pumpers and two tanks on the scene.

Mr. Estrella said he believed the cause of the fire was a heat lamp being used to incubate turkey eggs on an enclosed porch.

He said the fire was contained within ten minutes of firefighters’ arrival. One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion. The scene was cleared by 10:30 a.m.

West Tisbury property records list the home as a ranch built in 1982 and owned by the Willian and Eighth Realty Trust, with Eve M. Gates as trustee.