On Sunday afternoon, a meeting was held in Gay Head of former directors and members of the old Gay Head Improvement Association. This organization was incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, in February of 1914, and for a number of years was active in promoting community welfare in Gay Head.
Acting upon the desires expressed in letters from former directors, as well as by acclamation of former directors present in the meeting, to see the Gay Head Improvement Association again become active, a motion was approved to call a public meeting in the near future in the town hall, when opportunity would be given for the enrollment of new members, to be followed by the election of new officers and directors.
Both men and women will be eligible for membership and office, and although the organization will principally represent Gay Head, any person desirous of sharing in the develop1nent of that community will be welcomed to its membership.
With the present favorable outlook for the development of this portion of the Island, many interested people feel many projects call for early and united cooperation of the entire community. The opportunity makes this an excellent time for the renewal of the Gay Head Improvement Association under local leadership.