Beyond the usual Sunday services at 10:30 a.m., the Federated Church in Edgartown invites visitors to drop by to see the historic church meetinghouse on the corner of South Summer street and Cooke street. The church will be open daily from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. from May 25 to Oct. 12, free to the public.

The building was designed by Frederick Baylies Jr., and built in 1828. Mr. Baylies also designed and built the Baptist Church building on School street (now a private home) and the Old Whaling Church on Main street.