An Oak Bluffs man is being held without bail at the Edgartown house of correction for dangerousness and facing an array of criminal charges, including kidnapping, after allegedly threatening a woman with a knife, barricading himself in his house and instigating a nearly four-hour standoff with police that ended in his arrest.

Felix Reagan, 24, of Oak Bluffs was arraigned on Dec. 21 and Dec. 28 on a slate of charges in Edgartown and Oak Bluffs that include kidnapping, possession of a class B drug, listed in police reports as a “white powdery substance,” disturbing the peace, resisting arrest, threatening to commit a crime, intimidating a witness/juror/police/court official and five counts of violating an abuse prevention order.

Mr. Reagan also has open charges from February 2020 that include assault and battery on a family/household member and resisting arrest.

The recent charges stem from a daylong string of incidents that began on Dec. 20 when Mr. Reagan entered his former girlfriend’s house without permission and threatened her with a knife, according to a police report filed in Edgartown district court. The police report states that Mr. Reagan, who appeared intoxicated, demanded the victim drive him to his mother’s house, and that he threw objects, threatened and verbally abused the victim during the car ride.

After Mr. Reagan exited the victim’s vehicle, she informed the police of the incident, according to reports filed in court.

Later the same day, when police arrived on the scene to question Mr. Reagan at his mother’s house, Mr. Reagan refused to allow police in the building, yelling profanities at police and threatening them with violence, according to police reports from Edgartown and Oak Bluffs. Mr. Reagan barricaded himself in the home, reports state.

The Island’s tactical response team then arrived on scene and surrounded the home, with Mr. Reagan refusing to let police in the building and threatening to stab officers or perform suicide-by-cop, an Oak Bluffs police report filed in court states.

“De-escalation methods were used without success,” the report states.

After obtaining a warrant for Mr. Reagan’s arrest, the tactical response team instituted a surrender plan, according to the report, that involved the deployment of gas pepper spray into the second floor of the home. Mr. Reagan then exited the home and was placed under arrest and held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing.

Three days later, while being held at the Edgartown house of correction, Mr. Reagan allegedly called the victim five times after a no-contact stipulation was made. He was charged on Dec. 28 with additional counts of violating an abuse prevention order.

The police reports were written by Oak Bluffs officer Chris Wiggin and sergeant James Bishop, as well as Edgartown officer Ryan Ruley and Lieut. Chris Dolby.

During the hearing held Jan. 8, Mr. Reagan was ordered held for 120 days without bail for dangerousness, court records state.

A pretrial hearing in the kidnapping case has been set for Feb. 5, and a status review hearing for Mr. Reagan’s bail has been scheduled for May 7, according to court records.