Van Catches Fire After Automobile Collision
An automobile accident near the Oak Buffs side of the drawbridge resulted in a van engulfed in flames Friday afternoon.
Read More

Neighbors Lead Rescue at Tisbury House Fire
Quick-thinking neighbors — including a professional tree climber — helped save a woman who was trapped atop a blazing home on Mt. Aldworth Road in Vineyard Haven Monday.
Read More

Fire Destroys Ocean View, Historic Oak Bluffs Bar and Eatery
The Ocean View restaurant was destroyed in a fire Thursday morning that drew a comprehensive response from Island fire departments.
Read More

Firefighters Quickly Douse Blaze at Refuse District
A fire in a trailer at the Martha’s Vineyard Refuse District transfer station saw a quick response from Edgartown firefighters Sunday morning.
Read More

After Fire, Vineyard Haven House Is Razed
A home on outer Main street Vineyard Haven was completely destroyed by fire Monday, in an event that drew an Islandwide emergency response.
Read More

Chilmark Firefighters Quickly Douse Truck Engulfed in Flames
Chilmark firefighters responded to the scene of a pickup truck engulfed in flames on South Road Wednesday morning. The truck was destroyed, but no one was injured in the mishap.
Read More

Report Shows Dukes County at High Risk for Wildfire
A newly-released wildfire protection plan for Dukes County has identified all six towns on Martha’s Vineyard as high risk for wildfire.
Read More

Boat Fire in Lagoon Pond Sees Quick Response
A boat fire on Lagoon Pond Wednesday afternoon saw an all-out response from firefighters and emergency personnel on both sides of the pond. The call came in at around 2:25 p.m., police said.
Read More

Firefighters Stamp Out Large Brush Fire Near State Forest
Edgartown, West Tisbury and state firefighters banded together to stamp out a large brush fire near the Pohogonot Farm on Wednesday, battling the blaze throughout the afternoon.
Read More

Harbor Landing Hotel Evacuated After Fuse Short Circuits
Aaron Wilson

The Harbor Landing Hotel in Vineyard Haven had to be evacuated Thursday night after a fuse short-circuited and filled the lobby of the building with smoke.

Read More

Pages