Mrs. Guy W. Stantial and Mrs. Malcolm McBride, two Vineyard summer residents of long standing, are to be presented on a radio broadcast commemorating...
These troubled times are not the only occasion on which inhabitants of Martha's Vineyard have had difficulty obtaining passage by boat to the...
The long boat strike came to an end last night after the ratification of an agreement with the unlicensed men closely following the pattern of that...
In the ever-present condition of change among things and men, the name of Chappaquansett seems doomed to be forgotten, though once frequently heard...
The modern town of Oak Bluffs traces its origin to a camp meeting held at the site, then a paradise or a wilderness — most people thought the former...
Dealing with the more than 150 years-history of steamboat transportation between the Island and mainland, Mr. Love styled his talk, The Evolution of...
The Martha’s Vineyard Country Club, located in Oak Bluffs, has been sold by James A. Boyle of Vineyard Haven, to Richard D. Mansfield of the same...
An estimated 200 people stood squinting in the brilliant, hot sun Sunday afternoon, and watched Gordon Kelvin White and Robert Eldridge White Jr....
The Martha’s Vineyard Airport became the property of the county yesterday afternoon with the passing of the papers at the courthouse. Until now the...
  The Dukes County Intelligencer is well on its way, according to Gale Huntington, its editor. The quality of the publication may possibly be judged...
The possibility of an active and duly accredited summer school on the Island, together with provisions for private tutoring by local teachers, has...
An Edgartown pioneer dating back to 1742 is all that survives of the five great oak tree trunks, rough-hewn, which were one of the distinctive...

Pages