Martha’s Vineyard is sometimes advertised as possessing everything that can be found on earth with the possible exception of snow-capped mountains.
It will probably come as a greater satisfaction than ever when the voters of Martha’s Vineyard find themselves on the floor of town meeting this year.
Cap’n Stuart Bangs exhibited a whale-iron or harpoon, this week.
Mohu, beautiful Mohu, the 218-acre property at Lambert’s Cove, is exciting attention again in this era of dramatic changes on Martha’s Vineyard.
The transition from the farming-fishing community that the Vineyard was to the summer colony it is today has obliterated old landmarks.
Mary Holman was teaching school in Boston when she first heard of Martin Luther King Jr.
The whole thing is that when a new year begins, we all seem to have another chance.
Christmas day saw the first observance of on the Vineyard of the Jewish feast of lights, or Chanukah.
From the December 21, 1934 edition of the Vineyard Gazette: